bitwise again

От Alexander Lohse
Тема bitwise again
Дата
Re: bitwise again  (Philip Hallstrom <philip@adhesivemedia.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I am having serious troubles to move my DBs from MySQL to Postgres.

In MySQL I use following bitwise operation on an INT field:

$q = "select id from my_tbl where aid & 2";

In Postgres I tried the same, but I found no working solution.

My basic questions:

Is it better(or even possible) to use bitwise operator on an int4
field or shall I prefer the varbit?
(In my logic I would prefer int4!)

Using the above as in MySQL, I get an ERROR:
WHERE clause must return type bool, not type int4

Can anyone point me to a right doc or kickstart myself?

Thanx,

Alex

--
Alexander Lohse